PACT can help you create programs that will run on most computers.PACT has been tested on the following systems:
- AIX 2 and up
- Irix 4.x
- Irix 5.x
- Linux 1.x
- MAC OS X
- OSF 1.x
- SunOS 4.x
- SunOS 5.x (Solaris)
- Unicos 7 and up
PACT will help you create capabilities not available elsewherePACT is a hierarchy of modular functionalities with customizable and extensible tools. PACT has the following features:
- Multi-platform application support.
- Rapid prototyping.
- Portable, efficient binary data handling.
- Graphics system interfaces to X Window System, PostScript, and Computer Graphics Metafile standards (CGM), PNG, and JPEG.
- Support for developing user-customizable Graphical User Interfaces.
- Portable interprocess communication and control for single CPUs, networks, and parallel machines.
- Portable mathematics library including linear algebra routines and abstract algebra support.
- Extensive support for generation, runtime, and post-processing phases of numerical simulation codes.
- Portable SCHEME-dialect LISP interpreter and library for user extensibility.
- Interpreter-level access and extensions to database, visualization, simulation, and signal-processing functionality.
- Extensive signal processing capability including XY plotting.
- Portable, high-level, color graphics rendering including wire-frame, polygon fills, contours, surfaces, raster images , and vectors.
- Tools for browsing, intelligent comparison, and graphical display of the contents of binary data and picture files.
PACT is ideal for developing portable, numerical-simulation, applied-science and engineering software.PACT addresses portability issues related to data, graphics and interprocess communication. Advantages of using PACT are that it:
- provides a comprehensive set of tools for developing portable applications in one package.
- facilitates the creation of portable applications in a heterogeneous, distributed computing environment.
- minimizes problems incurred while working with a wide variety of different visualization software.
- helps target data to specific visualization software.
- gives automatic, transparent handling of word size and floating-point representation differences.
- creates applications that compile and execute on a wide variety of platforms including Macintosh, SUN3, SUN4, SGI, DEC 3100, IBM RS6000, Solaris, Cray UNICOS and HP9000.
- lets you use the language of your choice to access its functionality.
For questions and comments, please contact the PACT Development Team.
Last Updated: 12/19/2005
LLNL-CODE-422942| Privacy & Legal Notice
Last modified: January 28, 2010