Welcome to VisIt's release notes page. This page describes the important
enhancements and bug-fixes that were added to this release.
Enhancements in version 1.11.2
- Support was added for ANNOTATION_INT nodelists in the Silo database reader.
- The transform manager was enhanced to cache CSG grids that do not vary with time to avoid re-discretizing the same CSG mesh each time the time step was changed.
- The transform manager was enhanced to add VTK_VERTEX cells to meshes consisting only of points.
- Host profiles were added for the Princeton clusters.
- The host profiles for the Eureka cluster at ANL were modified to support client-server mode.
- The Silo plugin was enhanced to allow more efficiency in chracterization of multi-material objects so that if the parent multi-material object contains enough of the global material information (total number of materials, their numbers, names and, optionally colors), then the individual material objects do NOT also require that information.
Bugs fixed in version 1.11.2
- The file depcomp was added to the binary distributions so that plugins could be built against the binary distributions.
- A bug was fixed where the curve queries would return incorrect values when the curve was generated from a lineout that spanned multiple blocks of a multi block mesh.
- A bug was fixed with the revolved surface area query returning 0 for a mesh of beam elements. Note, it is important for the database to indicate that the topological dimension of the mesh is 1. For a Silo database, one would use the DBOPT_TOPO_DIM option to the DBPutUcdmesh() call.
- A bug was fixed with smoothing polydata to allow it to work with rectilinear and structured grids.
- A bug was fixed with the ray casted volume renderer not properly handling log scaling.
- A bug was fixed with plot and operator attribute windows not retaining their posted state across sessions when their names contained spaces (e.g. Index Select).
- A bug was fixed where it wasn't possible to add new log scaled plots to a window already in log scale mode that contained plots that were not yet rendered.
- Support was added for VTK meshes which contain a non-zero count of points but a zero count of cells. The transform manager will now add VTK_VERTEX cells to such datasets.
- The performance of the Silo database reader was improved when reading HDF5files with lots of domains and the standard (non-packed, directory-based) structured connectivity information.
- A bug was fixed in the Silo database reader where it did not properly 2d nodelists.
- A bug was fixed in the DDCMD database reader where only the first file in a multi-file database was being read.
- A bug was fixed in the DDCMD database reader where the z dimension was erroneously set to 2 instead of 1 for 2d cgrid files. This resulted in blank contour plots.
- A bug was fixed in the DDCMD database reader where discontinuities would appear at processor boundaries displaying results that required ghost zones whenrun in parallel.
- A bug was fixed in the VASP database reader so that it would properly parse the number of atoms in an OUTCAR file.
- The VASP database reader now supports reading the cycle in the OUTCAR and CHGCAR files.
- The VASP database reader now supports reading the time in the OUTCAR file using the "POTIM" delta-T keyword.
- The WaveFront OBJ database reader was modified to support lines with up to8192 characters. The previous limit was 1024 characters.
- A memory leak was fixed with ray-casted volume rendering.
- A memory leak was fixed with the DualMesh operator.
- A memory error was corrected in the Silo database reader.
- A bug was fixed with build_visit failing to install Silo on Darwin becauseit was using a C compiler to link code with C++ dependencies.
- A bug was fixed with build_visit not properly patching Mesa 6.4.2.
- Build_visit was modified to use HDF5 1.8.1 and Silo 4.7.
- Numerous imporvements/fixes to build_visit currently only available on thetrunk version of VisIt were incorporated into this version
- On Windows, the prompt for copying older version user config files to the new version of VisIt will happen on first-time execution instead of at installation, as installation may be done by admins.
- Data extents from Ale3d files were disabled in the Silo plugin since they may be incorrect. The next full release of VisIt will provide controls that allow the user to control if they are disabled.
- A bug was fixed in the Silo database reader nodelists selections in the presence of materials had no effect.