Welcome to VisIt's release notes page. This page describes the important
bug-fixes that were made to this release.
Bugs fixed in version 2.1.2
- A bug that caused VisIt to crash if the GetTimeSliderNStates python function was called when there was no active time slider was fixed.
- A bug that caused a parallel compute engine started with msub or qsub to silently fail when the user started VisIt in a directory that they didn't have write permission in was corrected.
- A bug in the Point3D database reader that caused the last point to be ignored was corrected.
- The Simulation window has been fixed so it no longer loses its command buttons.
- A bug in the Windows version of VisIt that prevented VisIt from connecting to remote machines was fixed.
- A memory leak in the viewer caused by repeated menu creation has been fixed.
- A bug was fixed where plot variable menus were being created far too often due to some changes that broke variable list caching.
- A bug was fixed where VisIt was interpreting all double-precision Z-coordinates from simulations as zero, causing "flat plots".
- build_visit was patched to work with old versions of gcc when building Mesa.
- build_visit now correctly builds optimized libraries and executables with 64 bit Linux machines.
- build_visit was modified to disable PostgreSQL and curl support in the GDAL library since it was causing linking errors at runtime on older Linux systems.
- A bug that caused VisIt's save movie routines to save out files with names that contained only the file extension was corrected.
- A bug was corrected with the Exodus reader for setting up element blocks with non-consecutive numbers.
- A bug was corrected where data-level comparisons on vector data would return the value of the first vector component for all three components, when using the "pos_cmfe" option, running in parallel, and working on rectilinear grids.
- Plugin development tools now work against an installed verison of VisIt on Windows.
- The error message shown when bad parameters are passed to EvalCubicSpline was improved.
- A bug causing the mdserver to crash on some ddcMD databases was resolved.
- A bug in the Subset window preventing "Turn On All" from working was resolved.
- A bug with page progression in the Save Movie Wizard was resolved.
- The exception handling in VisIt's gui was improved so VisIt no longer locks up when files are missing.
Enhancements in version 2.1.2
- The Python interface now provides a SetPlotFollowsTime function that sets whether a plot follows its time slider.
- Host profiles were added for the new LLNL machine muir.