Welcome to VisIt's release notes page. This page describes the important
bug-fixes that were made to this release.
Bugs fixed in version 2.3.2
- VisIt no longer hangs when displaying from a Linux computer to a MacOS X computer over X11.
- If you have a running session with multiple windows, and you restore a session with one window, VisIt no longer unexpectedly exits.
- Curve plots created via the operators/Lineout variable menu in a plot variable menu are now handled properly when the variable name contains spaces.
- When you using cross-mesh field evaluations, VisIt now correctly issues a warning when accessing invalid time slices.
- The VisIt_RectilinearMesh_setBaseIndex function in Libsim now behave properly.
- A bug was corrected in the Enzo reader that caused it to fail sometimes on Windows.
- A bug was corrected in the PF3D reader where the data was not being properly decompressed for one of the compression schemes.
- The PF3D reader was modified so that it doesn't crash when changing timesteps and some of the subfiles are not readable.
- Repeatedly passing character array variables with different string values to Libsim was broken. In the old scheme, arrays were assumed to contain the same contents and conversion to C-style strings under the covers would only happen once.
- A bug was corrected in the principal_tensor, principal_deviatoric_tensor and tensor_maximum_shear expressions, where a cutoff used to prevent numeric overflows and underflows was too argressive causing the expressions to calculate incorrect values for small values.
- VisIt again honors vis window size information stored in session files and config files for the case where there is a single vis window.
- The InverseGhostZone operator is now more agressive about invalidating data limits so the limits shown in the legend will reflect the values in the ghost data only.
- The Xdmf reader now correctly reports simulation time.
Enhancements in version 2.3.2
- The VCell reader from UCHC was added.
- The Enzo reader was enhanced to support the multi-resolution control operator.
- Libsim was enhanced to have a VisItGetSockets function that returns the socket file descriptors used by the VisItDetectInput function. This new function lets you obtain the socket descriptors in case you want to add them to your own select-based event loop.
- VisIt can now read NumPy array files (via the BOV reader). Supported data types are byte, short, 32-bit integeres, float and double.
- Serial and parallel host profiles were added for LLNL's coastal, rzalastor and rzzeus systems.