Welcome to VisIt's release notes page. This page describes the important bug-fixes that were made to this release.
Bugs fixed in version 2.9.1
- The meta data server no longer crashes when it attempts to open a Silo file with empty multivar variables.
- Performing a Pick operation on an expression variable that requires pipeline re-execution no longer causes an engine to crash or hang when run in parallel.
- The mapping of data to colors is now more accurate when using a logarithmic color mapping when applying color using texture mapping (the default).
- The Scatter plot now supports double-precision input.
- Picking on a plot with the CoordSwap operator applied to it will no longer trigger pipeline re-executions unless something else in the pipeline requires it.
- Nek5000 data files can now be opened correctly on Windows.
- Subset plots of AMR data with the OnionPeel operator applied are now correct.
- The PFLOTRAN reader no longer causes the engine to crash when reading vector data.
- The Threshold operator attributes dialog has been updated to display small min/max field values correctly
- The Apply color using textures rendering preference is now preserved when settings are saved.
- The Data-Level Comparsion wizard now sets the variable-type of the expression being created.
- The 3D tab in the Annotations window has been modified so that the bounding box settings can be modified even when the axes portion is turned off.
- A bug was fixed where plot and operator windows accepting double precision values as input would truncate and/or round numbers being entered, thus possibly causing loss of significant digits. This generally only occurred for very small numbers.
- Fixed a glitch with the Expression creation window, where text could be parsed as html. For example, "<P>" became a new paragraph.
- Corrected a bug where operations involving double precision vector data could crash or hang the compute engine when running in parallel.
- PLOT3D solution (Q) files are no longer required to be present in order for the reader to successfully read geometry files.
- The PLOT3D reader was fixed so that it will successfully read very larg files.
Enhancements in version 2.9.1
- A parallel mxterm launch profile was added to many of the LLNL host profiles. Using the parallel mxterm launch profile will allow users to easily run parallel jobs when launching VisIt from within an mxterm.
- VisIt's XDMF reader can now read XDMF files that consist of a top level Grid collection containing intermediate grid collections and each of those contains a single grid.
Changes for VisIt developers in version 2.9.1
- The --nektar++ option to build_visit was renamed to --nektarpp to avoid problems with some shells in dealing with the ++ in function names.
For any additional questions, send e-mail to VisIt Users.